Winning is both macro and micro. Macro in the sense that you have to answer the BIG Question of whether you have won the quest, the journey, the contest, the competition, the battle, etc… Or has your opponent won? Remember, an opponent can be anything or anyone that seeks to stop, distract, or deter you from achieving your goal of winning, of achieving, of succeeding. That opponent can also be YOU!
Winning is also micro in the sense that you have to be able to answer the smaller yet highly significant questions of whether you are winning each quarter, winning each inning, winning each day, winning each week, winning each month and each year? Or again, has your opponent won the inning, the day, the week, the quarter, the down, etc…?
In order to know precisely the answers to these questions, there are 6 additional questions you need to consistently ask yourself. These questions are:
- Do you know where you came from?
- Do you know where you are today?
- Do you know where you are going?
- Do you know how to get there? Do you know how to get from where you are now to where you are going?
- What did you do today that is advancing you closer to where your are going?
- Are you using where you have came from, what you have gone through, what you have experienced, both negative and positive, as fuel to propel you to your destination?
If at the end of each day, each week, each month and each year, you can answer these questions with at least ONE YES MORE , ONE POINT MORE, in your favor than your opponent, then you have won. You have won! Remember, it does not matter if you beat your opponent by 1 point or by 100 points, the objective is simply to win.