How do I develop it?
Like any other principle for success, developing a positive attitude can be as simple as following a few very important steps.
- Fully understand the difference between a problem and a fact of life; a problem is something that can be solved. A fact of life is something that is out of your control and should be accepted and moved on from. Floods are a fact or life. Where you buy your home is a problem. Your race is a fact of life; who you choice to associate with is a problem.
- Begin to accept the fact that bad days will happen, but that you have a choice in how you respond to those bad days;
- Adopt a belief that frame events in a positive way; Instead of looking at the glass have empty; begin to look at it as half full. Instead of looking at the rain as ruining a bad day, begin to look at this as an opportunity to do things around the house that you have been putting off.
- Avoid negative environment and negative people. Avoid reading, listening to or watching negative stuff on a daily basis. These negative things become the food for the mind.
- Begin the day with positive, inspirational or motivational songs, poems, etc…;